Friday, June 1, 2012

Ultrasound

We had an appointment with Dr. Bailey yesterday, and it could not come soon enough. I have been so miserable and have been losing weight very fast. We found out that I have hyperemesis gravidarum, which is a fancy word for severe nausea and vomiting during pregnancy. This last week has been torture, and I have found myself throwing up about every half hour. Nothing would stay down and in the last couple weeks since I have been to the doctor, I have lost 12 pounds. I was getting really worried about the baby because it doesn't make sense that it could possibly be growing and developing, when I can't get it any nutrients. Well I was wrong! We were able to do an ultrasound and everything is great with the little one. Baby is growing like a weed! I had to spend the evening in the ER again, which I hate. But I got a ton of fluids and medicine, and I am actually feeling a bit better today. I have to go back on Monday because Dr. Bailey wants to keep an eye on my weight loss issues, but overall, it was a great appointment. Kenzie was loving the ultrasound. He asked the girl if it was her that was making the baby move and she told him no, the baby was moving on it's own! She held still for a minute and all the sudden the baby started wiggling like crazy! It was so funny, and made it so real for us. The baby's heart is beating at 186 bpm... so fast! They say the faster it is, the more likely that it's a girl so we will see about that. The baby is measuring 3 days smaller than it should be, but considering everything, that isn't bad. My original due date was December 21st, but with it measuring 3 days smaller, that would make me due on Christmas Eve!! I'm hoping that I will have the baby a bit early!




Seeing the baby doing so well was just what we needed. It makes all the sickness worth it and makes it feel a lot more real. I have been worried and have not enjoyed pregnancy at all so far, but I feel like now I can really start bonding with the baby and getting excited about being pregnant. We are just so thankful that our baby is healthy and moving around so much! And I am SO glad I am about done with the first trimester and hopefully will stop throwing up soon. Only 6 more months til we have a baby.....

5 comments:

  1. Love. Love. Love. This post. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea you were prego! Congratulations! Though I'm sorry to hear it hasn't been easy for you. Hope it's smooth sailing from here for ya! So exciting!!! There really isn't anything better than being a mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cute lil baby already! soooo excited for you! although i am sorry its been so rough:( it'll get better!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! Oh your baby is already a cutie! I'm so happy for you two! Glad to hear everything is good with your little one! Hope everything gets better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are soo cute! I'm so sorry about the hyperemesis gravidarum. I was only sick at the beginning when I didn't eat food on time throughout the day.. So being sick all the time would be horrible. I'm sorry! I'm so happy for you guys though!! It's so exciting to be expecting a baby!

    ReplyDelete