Friday, May 18, 2012

Sicker than a Dog

Yep. The title pretty much sums up my life. I spend all day everyday fighting nausea and fatigue. I have always just imagined that when the time came, I would have a baby. I always knew I wanted to be a mom, but I never thought too much about the details. And I definitely never thought that it would be THIS hard. The physical changes that happen to your body along with the emotional mess you become is a lot to take on. I do not know how people do this! But I guess you just do. And then you see your baby and you forget how unbelievably miserable you were. At least I hope that is what happens because at this point, I cannot see myself consciously deciding to do this again. 

Sorry to be so negative. I am getting excited about this change in my life. I just wasn't ready for it! I am hoping that I am just a couple weeks away from this nauseous sick stage, then maybe it will start getting fun. But right now I am hating life! Did anyone else go through this?? How did you mentally handle it? I need help!

2 comments:

  1. Ashli I completely feel your pain! I told myself during the worst of the sickness that I would never have another child because this was torture! Some days I still think man this is so so hard. But then I feel her sweet little kicks and I go to my appointments and I see that there is life inside and it makes it all worth it. I just had to tell myself each day that I was one day closer to being done with the sickness. I honestly don't know how I got through haha good luck to you!! Just take it easy whenever you get the chance and don't over do it. Listen to your body!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a couple things that have helped me- take a vitamin B6 daily separate from a multi-prenatal. that did wonders for me, cut the nausea in half. Mother-to-Be Tea, found at health stores or online was another thing that is helping a lot. It helps with nausea and fatigue, and when necessary, it doesn't taste terrible coming back up. 1/8-1/4 cup of Tabasco in the morning helped me too, which you could try if you get desperate, but i think that's more unique to this pregnancy. Finding out what day you'll be 14 weeks and marking it and counting down can help too...everyday you get closer to when it will (hopefully) get better. Hang in there and don't push yourself too hard. Before you know it, you'll be more than halfway done, wishing being pregnant could last longer :)

    ReplyDelete