Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Welcoming the Second Trimester!

We had another cool experience at the doctor yesterday. Dr. Bailey was listening to the baby's heartbeat, and it was a bit lower than it was last week. When he started listening it was beating at about 150 bpm. Well I started talking and telling him it was much higher on Thursday and all the sudden he could hear the baby move and it's heart rate speed up to like 170 again! It was so funny, and Dr. Bailey said the baby must've got excited when it heard my voice. It is so reassuring to know the baby is doing well. When you know what it's like to lose a baby, you really appreciate these little things. I have been feeling so much better this week, and I am hoping that the morning sickness will end soon. I am still feeling nauseous most of the day, but I am able to keep food and drink down and I feel about a million times better than I have been. I am also feeling my energy come back. So for all you ladies who told me to just get to 12 weeks, I think you were right! 12 weeks might just be the magic number. Now that I'm not SO sick, I am noticing other changes happening with my body. The other day I woke up on my back, and the baby was completely on one side of my belly. I woke Kenzie up cuz you could see a huge bulge on the left side of my stomach and the ride side was completely flat. Weird!! I feel like I am starting to show a little bit, but it might still just be bloating and my uterus growing. The baby is about the size of a lime, so it couldn't be sticking out too far, but I am definitely feeling my stomach changing and getting HARD. I am excited to continue to notice these changes in my body, and I am feeling like pregnancy is going to start getting fun now instead of just miserable! Only one week left of this terrible, horrible, no good, very bad first trimester :)

See full size image

2 comments:

  1. This is such exciting news. My favorite memory of being pregnant was when I felt my son move for the first time. He had the hiccups and it was SO weird but I soon got used to it because he had them a lot while he was in my tummy.

    ~Alisha Peterson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! I'm so happy you're feeling better and getting excited about this amazing time in your life. I love you Boogie and I'm so happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete