Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Father's Day Weekend (And Mom's Birthday!)

We had a great Fathers Day Weekend this year. Holidays are so busy for us. We are grateful to have so many wonderful people in our lives to celebrate, but it is also sad to have to have such short visits on these days. I have been so lazy about taking pictures lately, and every time I go to blog I regret it.

On Friday night we had a few friends over and we sat on our back patio and played cards into all hours of the night. It was a lot of fun and really relaxing. These kinds of nights are my favorite because I get to see people I love, but I don't have to go out. It is still pretty exhausting to me to go anywhere too far from home. Which brings me to Saturday!

We decided kind of last minute to go to seven peaks with some of our friends on Saturday morning. We got up and met Matt and Kasia and Carter and his cute little family at the water park. The weather was perfect, and we had a lot of fun even though we couldn't go on any of the big slides cuz Kasia and I are both preggers. It is funny to hang out with them because Kasia and I kind of take turns being nauseous or tired. Our poor husbands can hardly keep up :)

On Saturday night we went to the Bees game with my dad for Fathers Day. We had so much fun sitting out on the grass visiting. I was really happy that Zack and his cute girlfriend Meg came. They had fireworks after the game and they were doing some promotion about Christmas in June, so during the whole firework show they played Christmas music. It was so pretty, and I couldn't help wishing it really was Christmas time and I was getting my baby. After the game, we had a late night dinner/breakfast at Village Inn before crashing in Salt Lake. 

Sunday we woke up, headed home, and started making the rounds to visit our families. We started by going over to Ephraim to see my mom and Ken. It just so happens that Sunday was also my mom's birthday! So they had a barbecue to celebrate all that was going on, and we got to visit with them for a while.

After that, we came back to Moroni and went over to Mike and Amy's. They were cleaning their corrals, so we just gave Mike his present then sat outside and visited with them for a while. When we finally got home, it was about 6:30, and we were just settling in to watch the NBA Playoff game when we found out Grandma Camille was doing eclaire cake at 7:00! So we walked up there and visited with the Nunley family for a while before finally coming home and settling in. 

By the time we got all settled in on Sunday night, I was wore out! And before we knew it, Monday morning was here :( We had such a fun and busy weekend, and I know life's only going to get busier for us soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment