Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Pregnancy Post

I was thinking I should really start doing a weekly post about my pregnancy. I am making a cute little journal, but it would be nice to do blog posts too. I have been doing this weekly survey for the last couple of weeks, so I will try and remember to post it from now on. I will be 14 weeks on Friday so I this one is almost outdated, but this is as of last Friday.


13 Weeks

This week, Baby is the size of a: peach


Total weight gain/loss: down 2 lbs 

Sleep: kenzie got me a body pillow for my birthday this week, and it is helping me get more comfortable at night. I still never sleep through the night, but it is better than it was.

Best moment this week: having Kenzie send me pictures throughout the day of cute baby stuff he finds online. He is getting excited!

Movement: there have been three times last week where I think I may have felt that fluttering feeling, but I can’t tell if it’s baby or just gas!

Symptoms: still getting more sick in the evenings. Around 3 or 4 o clock I feel the nausea come on and it sticks around until bedtime.  

Food cravings: none

Food aversions: pizza, water

Gender: don’t know yet, hoping to find out on Friday!

Labor Signs: none

Belly Button in or out? in

What I miss: working out! I know I need to start exercising more, but by the time I get home from work I am so pooped, I just want to relax.

What I am looking forward to: hopefully getting some relief from this nausea. Getting some energy back.

Feeling toward Pregnancy: I am feeling nervous about the idea of being responsible to care for another human being! I am starting to read up on life as a mother and trying to get prepared. I am starting to feel emotionally connected to baby, which Is helping me get EXCITED! 


I need to take a picture of my belly bump, but until then this is the only picture I really have where I look pregnant at all. 



Pregnancy is not my cup of tea so far. If there were a way to get a baby without doing the 9 months of hell, I would so do it! But I am getting used to it, and I KNOW that this will be more than worth the discomfort. I am pretty much begging Kenzie to take me to find out what we're having on Friday. The place said you can find out at 14 weeks, and most people I talk to are supportive and say they, too, wanted to know as soon as they could. Technology has come so far, and I think it's stupid not to take advantage of it. I am not planning to go crazy shopping and paint the room yet. I am just curious to know what we're having and I feel like it will help me bond with the baby to know what it is. Kenzie is anti-finding out so we will see what happens. I will let you know!!





No comments:

Post a Comment