Monday, July 16, 2012

Ute Stampede Weekend

The Ute Stampede has come and gone, and this year was as fun as ever. I don't ever remember the Stampede being rainy, but there is a first for everything! On Friday after work we headed over to Nephi to watch the big parade. It got close to the end before it started pouring. Luckily the rain let up in time for the rodeo and we were able to see the flag. We went on Friday night to watch Ben ride and he did well, but had a chance to re-ride and then didn't stay on :( After the rodeo Kenzie won me a $20 stuffed animal at the rip off carnival. He's such a sweetie. 

On Saturday we went over in the afternoon and checked out the craft fair, went to a barbecue at my dad's, then went to the rodeo with a whole crew of our friends and family. About halfway through the rodeo the rain really started coming down. We tried to tough it out, but it started POURING. Everyone hid under the bleachers for a while, then we finally decided to just brave it and run for the car. The car was NOT close and I was wearing heels so Kenzie put me on his back and ran the whole way! By the time we got to the car we were completely soaked. I looked like a wet dog and had make up running down my face! It was so funny. My husband seriously rocks for carrying me the whole way. Who does that?! 




I would say the moral of this story is be careful what you wish for!! We have been praying for rain for the last couple months because of the extreme fire danger in our state, and now we are getting flash flood warnings!! The irony. All in all, the Stampede was as fun as ever and I am always a little sad to know we have to wait a whole year for these festivities again. On the bright side... Lamb Days this weekend! Summer is so much fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment