Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Anatomy Scan

Yesterday I had my anatomy scan. I can't believe I am a week away from the halfway mark. While pregnancy has definitely been hard, it is actually going by pretty fast. Kenzie couldn't get off work, so my mom got to go with and see the cutest baby in the world! I was very relieved to find out that our little boy is still a BOY! In fact, it was even more clear this time than last time. He is the funniest little guy. He never holds still! And he loves putting his arms up behind his head. It was the best hour ever laying there watching him play and move around. I just can't wait until I can hold him and play with those cute little baby feet. 










I also didn't have time last week to post my weekly thing, so here it is. The 19 week one will be up soon! 


18 Weeks
This week, Baby is the size of a: sweet potato
Total weight gain/loss: down 6 lbs 
Sleep: Lately I have had a hard time falling asleep and a really hard time waking up in the morning! I am late for work a lot because I have such a hard time getting up and going, and when I finally do I usually spend a fair amount of time throwing up before I can even eat breakfast!
Best moment this week: Feeling him kick for the first time!  
Movement: I felt definite kicks this week. Sometimes it is hard to tell if that’s what’s happening, but this week there was no mistaking, he was definitely kicking!
Symptoms: sick, sick, sick! He hates food, but he also hates being hungry! I can’t win!  
Food cravings: Big pink sugar cookies, Swedish fish
Food aversions: still water
 Gender: BOY
Labor Signs: none
Belly Button in or out? In, but it is changing and it is weird!
What I miss:  Being a morning person
What I am looking forward to: anatomy scan in three days. We are REALLY hoping our little boy is still a BOY!
Feeling toward Pregnancy: What a great week I have had feeling my baby moving around inside me. It is unreal! It sometimes still feels like this can’t really be happening to me Like maybe I’m watching someone else be pregnant. It’s hard to explain really. I am starting to really love being pregnant. Each week I feel like I get to know my baby more and more. It is a wonderful bond that forms from the very beginning!     



2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad things are looking up for you! Doesn't feeling them move just make all the horrible parts of pregnancy worth it?! Hang in there girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very interesting, Anatomy scan helps the pregnancy womens to confirm that they are carrying a boy or a girl.

    ReplyDelete