Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Feelings and Emotions

Have you ever seen the movie Fireproof?
Well, the boys at work watched it a few weeks ago,
and I decided to do
The Love Dare.
I am exactly half way through it.
It has changed my marriage.
After I finish this 30 Day Experiment thing
I am going to post the Love Dare on my blog.
It is the most amazing thing I have ever done.
I thought today's Love Dare was extra striking.
It can be related to any relationship in your life.
So I thougth I'd share just a few parts from today's dare:
Do not follow your heart... Lead it.
Don’t let your feelings and emotions do the driving.
Put them in the back seat and tell them where you’re going.
You don’t always feel like loving.
However, there is something just as
powerful
as that fresh, new love.
It comes from the decision to love someone
no matter what.
In other words, love that chooses to love is just as powerful as
love that feels like loving.
In many ways, it’s a truer love
because it has its eyes wide open.
I love this.
It is true.
Sometimes I am onry and tired
and I don't feel like loving.
And I think I've always thought that if that was how I was
feeling
that's not my fault.
But it is a
choice.
And when I choose to be a loving person,
I find that it's not so hard to love the person I'm with!
Actually..
It's pretty dang easy.

1 comment:

  1. Yup... so glad you're doing this and got me hooked on it, too. Proud of you, Ash! Love you:)

    ReplyDelete