Monday, August 1, 2011

Bad Dreams :/

Warning: This post is a little emotional and heavy
for your average Monday morning!

It hasn't been too bad having Kenz working graveyards.
..... Until last night.
When I woke up from a bad dream crying.
And I was all alone in my bed!
Luckily, he HAS to stay awake all night,
so I could call him and whine to him.

This dream I had was so silly.
A bunch of people from high school came
and told Kenzie that they missed him and
he shouldn't have married me!
And there was this pretty girl
that wanted him back!
Of course if this were to happen in real life,
Kenz would choose me.
But in this awful, nightmarish dream
he COULDN'T DECIDE what to do!
It just seemed so real,
and it was just so awful.

I think these dreams are all of my
little insecurities
and the effects of my parents' divorce
all coming out of my subconscious brain
and being mean to me.

It was such a relief when I texted Mack at 4am
and he reassured me that he would always
{ CHOOSE ME }
And that's why he DID choose me.

As I was laying in bed,
SO not able to fall back asleep
I started thinking.
[ Which is usually not a good thing! ]
And I realized that I have been
so excited about this new house
because it was our OWN
and we could make it cute and OURS.
But I think what really makes
this house so special
is the commitment involved.
Just the fact that my husband
wants to buy a permanent
house with me speaks great volumes.
I feel like I take advantage of little things.
Like the fact that there ARE people
who would've liked to have ended up with Kenz.
And I get to be the one that wears his old T shirts
and watches his softball games
and sits in the middle seat in his truck.

As we have to pick up the pieces of my family falling apart,
it makes for some very hard and emotional nights.
The relationships I have with each member
of my family have changed drastically in the last 7 months.
It has been the hardest year of my life.
But we HAVE to find the positives in the situation
and through it all,
I am just SO thankful that mostly because of our jobs,
my husband and I know how to have crucial conversations
in a healthy, adult way
that our families never knew how to have.
We know how to talk about our feelings
and how to solve important issues in a marriage.

This weekend will mark our 2 year anniversary.
So I am thankful for things happening this week
[ like bad dreams ]
to help me remember how blessed I am to have
such a special person in my life.

So I hope you all won't get sick of hearing
me brag about my sweet husband this week,
but I am just so happy to be celebrating
two years of marriage with the best guy I know.

******************** *********************

2 comments:

  1. Ashli this post made me cry! I felt like you were writing my own thoughts down. My parents got divorced last year and it was the hardest thing for me. My dad was not faithful and I have bad dreams about my marriage being that way. I completely understand how you feel. Glad to know I am not alone. You are so great and I miss you! love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ashli... I didn't cry today.. until I read this. I'm so sorry for all that you are going through and I would change it if I could. I love you and Mack so much and I'm so grateful for you and your love. Sunday was a horrible night and I'm so glad we all lived through it. You are amazing. I wish you hadn't had to grow up so quickly in the first year of your marriage, but I know you will be blessed for sacrificing so much to take care of your Mama. There are no words, Ash. Love you.

    ReplyDelete