Friday, August 26, 2011

Change

I read a quote on Miss Teisha's blog
today that really made me think!

"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy;
for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves;
we must die to one life
before we can enter another."
- Anatole Frances

I am thinking back to when me and Kenz were first married.
We lived in the crappiest apartment Nephi had to offer!
Haha, it was tiny and ugly!
I hated it so much and I couldn't even
wait to move to a better place.

We have come so far since that day.
But looking back,
I remember all these fun memories
of being a brand new newlywed there.
Opening all our wedding presents,
making Kenzie lunches for work,
playing in the yard,
walking to 7-11 to get a drink.......

We had such good times and I didn't even realize it!
Sometimes you want something so much
that it's pretty much all you think about.
But then you get it.
And like the quote said,
it is a little melancholy.
Because whether the change is good or bad,
you leave a part of you behind.

There are SO many things I miss about the past.
So many people, relationships, objects, memories
that I probably didn't even want at the time,
but now I realize just how precious
some things were.

But, the fact of the matter is that
change happens.

I just got a random text from my hubby that said
I love you.
I wouldn't trade that for any memory
I have of the past.

There is a part of me at Juab High School.
In Nephi, at Snow College, California, New York.....
The list could go on.
But I am happy that those are just small parts
and that most of me is right here right now
with the person I love the very most.

1 comment: