Monday, August 8, 2011

Our Anniversary Celebration

There are no words to explain
how awesome our weekend was.
I got the cutest text on Friday morning when
I was getting ready for work.
Kenz told me that he had been thinking to himself
and that he wanted me to book some
hotel rooms for the whole weekend to celebrate our anniversary.
I didn't hesitate!
On Friday afternoon,
I headed up north with my mom to do
some much needed shopping.
When Mackenzie got off work,
he met us up there and picked me up.
Last month there were like 20000 movies that
I wanted to see, but we never made it to.
So we decided to have a movie weekend!
We went to our first movie Friday night,
Horrible Bosses.
Then we grabbed some dinner and checked into our room.
The first night we stayed at a hotel in American Fork
and we were NOT impressed!
It was a sketchy place,
but we still had fun.
On Saturday morning we woke up and headed
up to the Gateway in Salt Lake
where we spent the rest of the weekend.
We caught our first movie at about noon:
Cowboys and Aliens.
Kenzie liked it but I was not a fan!
Then we went and checked into our room at the Hyatt.
We had stayed there for my birthday last year
and we really liked it.
After we got all checked in,
we went to another movie!
Change up...
It was funny but inappropriate!
Not recommended for family night!
Then we grabbed some lunch and went to
yet ANOTHER movie!!!
The Planet of the Apes....
It was okay. I'm not into these boy movies lol...
After that we went back to the hotel and changed
then went to our dinner reservation at Tucanos.
Oh my, I love that place!
Then we went to our final movie of the weekend,
Friends with Benefits.
It was funny!

On Sunday morning
I had a massage appointment at 10!
I love that place.
Then we packed up and started making our
way toward home.
We stopped at Ikea,
which is NEVER a good idea!
I managed to get out of there only
spending 80 bucks.... :/
Then we stopped at Walmart and did
some much needed grocery shopping
before heading home for the Yankees game.



He hates taking pictures so when I pull out
the camera he gives me this sarcastic smile... BRAT



When we went on our honeymoon in Disneyland,
we made a bear at Build A Bear
and we decided we would do it every year.
This year our bear has a pink robe just like mine!

Our room at the Hyatt was nice....
We decided we wanna start budgeting every month
to go up there and stay a weekend!




Kenzie's most favorite thing in the world is
getting new hats.
So we got him two new hats :]



I just love him.


We took this exact same picture on our honeymoon...
Sad to have to come home!

We missed our puppy!


I think she missed us too cuz when we laid down
to watch the Yankees game she snuggled up in between
us and fell asleep! She is so cute!

Like the new rug? I don't know where I am going
to put it yet, but it was on a killer sale!
Unfortunately, the Yankees lost and Kenz had
to go to work at 11 :[

This has seriously been one of the best weekends ever.
I love my husband so much.
There is no person I would rather spend time with.
He is always cracking me up with the funny things he says.
The last 2 years of my life have definitely been the best so far.
I am happy to be starting year 3 of marriage because
I feel like I get to know my husband more and more everyday,
but I am sad because the time is going by TOO fast!
I could not ask for a better partner in crime....
Mackenzie is honestly the best person I know,
and I know he would do anything for me.

I can't believe it has been 2 years!
It seems like our wedding was like last month!
Year 3..... Here we go!

1 comment: