Monday, May 23, 2011

What an eventful weekend!

On Friday night, we played in the Ephraim

All Nighter softball tournament.

It was lots of fun,

but I am super sore now.

And it wore me out!





After the tournament got over on Saturday,

we went home and slept for a few hours.

But I had to work at 5:00.

So from 5 til 8:30 I was stuck at the AC.

When I got off,

we went to the new Pirates movie

with my momma.

It was fun :]



By the time the movie was over,

we went home and CRASHED.

The next morning,

we got up at 6:00 and started

our journey to Wyoming.

Kenz sold his Powerwagon to a guy

in Wyoming,

but the guy didn't have a trailer

big enough to come get it.

So he offered to pay us to bring it up

there to him.

9 hour freaking drive both ways!!

We left yesterday morning,

and got home this morning at 6.

And now we are both stuck at work all day!

We are pretty much walking zombies.





We stopped at this cute little place in Wyoming

called Little America.

I didn't get a picture, so I got this one off the internet.

It is obviously an old picture,

but the place hasn't changed at all!


We went through this cool little town called

Thermopolis.

It has these natural hot springs.

I thought it was the cutest little town ever.
And it had a place called Mac's Bar and Liquor.

Haha, I couldn't get the camera out fast enough

to take a picture of it :[


Potty Break!



Kenzie probably thought I was a dork,

but I just love these huge windmills.

They remind me of going to California with

my family when we were little.

There were like a million of them in Wyoming!


When we finally delivered the truck,

it was a bittersweet moment.

As we drove away

my husband kept looking back at it.

He seriously looked like he was going to burst

into tears.

He loves this old truck.

It was his first vehicle, and it is just

such a big part of him.

I started bawling when I saw his sad little face,

and I almost convinced him to

turn around and say never mind!

But we talked about it,

and it was the right thing.

The poor old thing just sits out in our field.
We never drive it, and we don't want

to pay to insure it or put gas in it all the time.

It had to be done.

But it was still sad!


It will be nice to have some extra spending money,

and Kenz is going to use some to do some

cool things to his new truck.

I get to go shopping :]

And we will probably do something fun for my

birthday this month with the money.

So, to wrap this thing up....

It was the longest.drive.ever.

But it was a lot of fun.

And it was another adventure

we can look back on someday.

GOOD TIMES.

No comments:

Post a Comment