Monday, May 9, 2011

Longest Post Ever [But SO worth it!]

Okay, so I know I get on here every


Monday and talk about how we had the


best.weekend.ever.


But seriously,


this one topped the charts.


Every year this is a highly anticipated weekend.




We left on Friday after work...


We left Hemi at Mike and Amy's.


She wasn't happy about being left behind.
She kept trying to climb back in the truck.






When we arrived in Grantsville,


we went to dinner at Wingers with Tara and Steve.


It was yummy... I over ate.


Then we went to Baba's and got the shirts


for the race, then went to Tara's and slept over.


****


We had to get up at like 5 o clock Saturday morning


to get into Salt Lake in time for the race.


If you haven't heard of


Race 4 the Cure


it is a 5k where all proceeds


go to breast cancer research.


Since our grandma died of breast


cancer, it is a special day for us.


When I was a little girl,


my mom, Baba, and I started going to the race


and now our WHOLE family goes.


It is awesome


and it is on Mothers Day weekend


every year.










My favorite picture of the weekend...


This was the first year my hubby has been able


to come to the race.


His mom and grandma both died of cancer too.
Even though it wasn't breast cancer,


it is still really special to be able to spend


Mother's Day weekend this way.






Our awesome family!


After the race,


I took my momma to go get a massage


for Mother's Day.


Talk about best 50 minutes


of my life!


Dang, it was awesome.


After that,


we met the boys at Sizzler for lunch....


Then went to go buy our tickets for the
Bees game that night.
Since we were in the first 1000 fans
to get to the game,
we got a free pink shirt!





































After the game,


we went back to Tara's to sleep over.


On Sunday morning,


we woke up and went to go visit our


grandma's and Kenzie's mom.



Here is my man at his grandma's grave.


She was like a mom to him


after his mom passed away when he was 3.


And I know he misses her so much.



My grandma Becky's grave.


I know she must have been proud to


see her family at the race.


We were all carrying the little ones


and sporting our "Becky's Bunch"


t shirts.












My grandma Jennie's grave




Kenz's Mom-


We took a flower to his Mom's grave


and took a few pics.


She was so pretty


and I wish I could have met her so bad.























On our way home,


we stopped at a few stores to do a little shopping.


I saw this little giraffe and I had to buy it!


Here's the story:


You know the commercials with


the little tiny giraffes?


Well one day at work,


we got on the website of the people


who raise them


on a farm in Europe.


It has all this information about them


and pictures and even a webcam.


It says they are called Petite Lap Giraffes


or PLG's.
Well me and Erin decided we NEEDED one.


We did some research and sadly,


we came to find that they are just not real.


Haha, we were pretty sad.


Erin set her wallpaper on her computer


as a picture of a PLG


and it is our inside joke now.


So when I saw this little PLG at the store,


I couldn't resist!




























Look at my cute Miche bag... LOVE IT.


******


When we got home,


we stopped and gave Amy her present


and picked up our puppy.


Then we went and took some pictures


for my friend Mal.


When we finally got home,


we ate chicken and rice,


watched a new movie (The Dilemma)


and fell asleep on the couch.


It was a great way to end the weekend.


But before I knew it,


my alarm was going off and I was


getting up for work.


And here I am.


How do you even go from having


that kind of weekend


to going to work.


I am like depressed.


Haha, hopefully as the day goes on


I will get back in my routine and cheer up!


******


I am hesitant to pick a highlight of the weekend


because every single second was a BLAST.


But the one highlight that sticks out


to me was that Kenzie made a couple comments


about how he was ready for a baby anytime I am.


That doesn't mean that I AM ready.


But it was really cute to hear him talking like that.


Looks like we have some great things


waiting for us in our future.


*****


Have a great week everyone!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment