Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Old Habits Die Hard.

Well I started working at the Activities Center

at Snow again.

I knew all the students would be leaving

so I went in and asked Roger if they needed

any help for the summer.

So he put me on the schedule for a couple

shifts a week.

And he was nice enough to schedule me

only on the nights Kenzie works a swing

or in the early mornings.

I did my first shift last night,

then worked again this morning.

Not much has changed around there

and it was super fun seeing all my cute

little old people who come in every morning to work out.

The reason I say old HABITS die hard is

because I think of my time at the AC more as a

hobby than a job.

It is a fun place.

And it reminds me of my time at Snow.

I miss those days a lot.

Me and Kenzie spent every single moment together

and we had like no responsibilites.

We would just go do whatever sounded fun.

Those were the days that I really got

to know the person my husband is and fell

100% in love with him.

I remember one night I was super sick

so he came over to my apartment with medicine and

held my hair back for me while I puked up tomato soup.

EeWwwEeee!!

I got to dance every single day.

And I made some of my very best friends.

So it is nice to be back and be reminded of

so many good times.



My cute shirts I am supposed to wear to work.



Bright and early!!


I had to steal this quote from Jaquie...

"Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being “in love” which any of us can convince ourselves we are. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossoms had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two."




I love this.

As much as I miss those

in love, carefree, fun days we had,

I am so loving this stage of our lives.

We are discovering everything that remains

after the "in love" has burned away

and our roots are growing more together

every single day.

It is amazing to be on a deeper level

and to choose to love unconditionally.

Yes, things are less exciting.

But things are more meaningful.

And at this rate,

I can only imagine how wonderful

the future will be.

2 comments:

  1. Awe..... this is beautiful:) I LOVE your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that quote. I copied and sent to all my contacts in my email. Awesome to hear especially right before i'm getting hitched. Puts a good feeling in ya after you read it. thanks for sharing ash

    ReplyDelete