Thursday, August 23, 2012

Contentment

I have been a terrible blogger the last two weeks. The moment we got back from Park City life got crazy! I am seriously hoping to catch up on my pregnancy posts and what has been going on the last couple weeks soon. Right now, I wanted to just take a minute and do a little post about how I am feeling today. Just over a year ago I did a post about how I was feeling really content and happy with my life at the moment. Maybe it's this time of year or maybe it's just a coincidence, but the last couple days I have been feeling the same way! A lot has changed in the last year, but I have the exact same feeling of contentment and satisfaction with how things are going. 

I am absolutely loving pregnancy lately. I am still terribly sick... everyday. In fact just this morning I ate Captain Crunch for breakfast (I know that's a terrible breakfast for a growing baby.. Don't judge me!) And it took about three minutes after I finished eating before I was throwing up in the bathroom! But for some reason, I just really don't care about the sickness anymore. It sucks, but it is nothing compared to the joy that comes from feeling your baby move around inside you. My favorite hobby lately is to sit on the couch and watch my little guy wiggle around. It's not just pokes and kicks anymore.. I can feel full on arms rubbing against my belly. Weirdest thing ever, but SO fun. I feel like I am getting to know him so well and I know things I can do to make him move around. Kenz and I are both getting so excited. When we go into stores with baby clothes Kenzie goes a little bit crazy grabbing things. I love it. I actually feel like it is going by really fast and I can't believe we have just over three months left! I am super excited about this because this time of the year usually goes by really fast. Come on baby boy! Oh PS, one more thing about my little man... We have FINALLY decided on a name :) I am a little hesitant to announce it yet because sometimes people's reactions to baby names bug me. But I know sooner or later I will have to so watch for a post about that :)

The next thing that is bringing me immense joy lately is my growing career. I don't know if I have mentioned on the blog that I got a really great promotion at work last month. I have spent the last few weeks training two secretaries to work under me. The interviewing, hiring, and training process has been pretty exhausting, but I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and my life is going to get so much easier now. I got a really nice pay raise (SCORE), and my hours have become like a million times more flexible. This is a life saver for me because before this I was stressing out about how I was going to say goodbye to my son every morning and not see him all day! Now I will be able to spend a good amount of time with him during the week, but still be able to work and make more money than I am making now. This is such a blessing to me. Along with all the benefits of this promotion, I am also finding incredible happiness in the job I am doing. I feel like I am really making a big difference in this program and in the lives of these people I am working with, and that is really important to me. I have had several experiences lately that have made me very grateful for the people I work with, but also the families we are serving. I don't think you could find a more rewarding career and I feel so blessed that it just fell into my lap two years ago. I have built some great relationships with this company and I am excited to start working toward some new goals at work. 

Another great thing that is happening is school. I have had my heart set on getting back to school for months, but when I got pregnant it became a real decision. Finals are the week before I am due. I have been going back and forth on whether or not I think that mentally and financially I could handle going back to school at this time, but I have finally decided that I need to be in school. So I am! I literally got my tuition all set up yesterday and classes started today. I am taking lots of credits and by the end of the semester I will only be a few credits away from starting my graduate degree! I feel so good about this. I love learning, and while I love my career it feels really good to know that I will have a degree to fall back on if anything were to happen. 

Of course things with Kenzie man are as good as ever. He is just a genuinely sweet guy and he takes such good care of this little family. I am really lucky to have such a supportive husband because I know I couldn't do all the things I am doing right now without him. Overall, I am just really pleased with the success I am having and the progress I am making in several aspects of my life. We have worked really hard the last few years and it feels like it is really starting to pay off. I wonder what I will be saying at this time next year.......

3 comments:

  1. I love your posts- and I am glad things are going so well. I can not wait to see this handsome little baby! You guys are just an adorable family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw I loved this post. I love your blog too :) I'm so excited for you, you'll be a great mom. And congrats on the promotion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Your Mom LOVES to read happy posts:) Life is SO great, huh? Love you honey.

    ReplyDelete