Thursday, January 26, 2012

Story Time

So I am leaving for Disneyland in 2 hours!!
I am so freaking excited.
But before I go I just HAD to share a story that happened this morning. 

Kenzie's truck has been in the shop for 3 and a half months. It has been the longest 3 and a half months ever.. for both of us. For one thing, if you know Mackenzie and his friends, you know that their worlds revolve around their Cummins'. From day one, I have known that he was literally obsessed with trucks. It took us about 2 years to finally be able to buy him his Cummins and I have never seen anyone take better care of anything! Haha, it's his "white lady." So it has been killing him to not have it. And for another thing, carpooling sucks! We have been having to take each other everywhere we need to go everyday. UGH. So finally the other day the mechanic guy calls Mackenzie and tells him that it's finally finished. YES. Just bring in $2,000 and we're good to go. WHAT!?!?! Two thousand dollars! Who has that kind of extra money for a truck repair? So before I completely freaked out and put Mackenzie in the ground, we decided to talk to the guy about making some sort of payment plan. Doesn't everyone around here do that? I thought so. Nope, not this guy. He tells us that we're going to have to bring his $2,000 before we can take our truck. I though Kenzie was going to start crying. There's no way we can pay that this month, which means it would be AT LEAST another month before he could get his "white lady" back. AND that would mean at least another month that I have to chauffer him everywhere. When I got home last night Kenzie said he didn't even want to talk about it :(

Don't worry, I'm not going to ruin your day with our sob story. Here's where it gets good. This morning (after I woke up, came out to Wales to pick up Kenzie and took him to Fountain Green to his other job!) he texts me and tells me that his boss at Lighthouse, Paul, is going to pay for his truck. Paul was asking about it and Mackenzie told him what happened so he told him he would pay for it and whenever we have the money we can pay him back. He said he hates seeing Mackenzie without his vehicle. Who does that?! Mackenzie is so lucky to work for someone like that. It was a major eye opener for us that we have some amazing people in our lives and it also made us want to be those people who can help someone out like that. We are so thankful to Paul for doing this for us and we are so thankful for the people in our lives who are genuinely there for us. We are very blessed, no doubt about it!




Now, if you don't mind, I'm going on vacation!! ;)

1 comment:

  1. That's so great Ash! What a great boss, wow, what a sweet man! I love people like that and totally know that you and Kenz will do that for someone else one day. Dal and I only have one working car too and it sucks having to drive each other around and having to walk everywhere. Sorry! But so glad you got his truck back finally!! Have fun in DisneyLand!

    ReplyDelete