Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Resolutions

I have finally got back in the swing of things and am back to my routine! I was sad to come back to work, but it actually feels really good to be back on track. So yesterday I sat down and made of list of what New Years resolutions I would really like to achieve this year. The first one is a resolution that most people make a goal every year. But it is totally necessary.

#1: Get organized! 
I was reading my cousin Jennie's blog and she found the coolest blog called Clean Mama. If you go on there, you can print off a monthly cleaning schedule along with some great printables for deep cleans throughout the house. I am going to give it a go, so we will see how long it lasts! We are doing a few remodels on our house in  the next couple months to get ready for the baby. I am so excited to make the house a little more neutral. Between the new floors and paint and cleaning schedule, I am hoping to get my house just how I want it for when the little babe joins us! 

#2: Extreme Couponing
I was watching TLC the other day, and those people are like super extreme. But I know a lot of people cut coupons and save a ton of money when they go grocery shopping. So my goals for couponing are going to be to get $250.00 worth of groceries for the $200.00 we spend a month when we go shopping. And also to build up some sort of food storage in the pantry so we are not quite so month to month on groceries. It seems like by the end of the month, there is nothing left that we like! I am making my first attempt this week with a bunch of printed coupons, so we will see how it goes!



#3: Genealogy
I am very excited about this project I am taking on. I joined ancestry.com the other day because I wanted to go back in our families histories and see if there are any cool people or stories that we could get ideas for baby names from. Well once I got going I could not stop. There is so much information on this web site! I have got so far on all sides of our families. It is so cool to see war draft papers and census documents from like 1900 with our ancestors information on them. I am going to get as far as I can on ancestry.com, then I am going to research the individuals and try and get some stories, pictures, anything I can find to make a book :] 

Ancestry

#4: Become More
I have a mentor in my life that I have looked up to for many years. She is a genuinely good person, and I love the crap out of her. Well I was reading on her blog that she went to Time Out for Women and the theme was "Become More." What a great phrase to live by! There are so many aspects of my life in which I could become more. I want to become a more spiritual person, a happier person, a better wife, cleaner, employee, reader, crafter, daughter, sister, friend. I have been humbled by so many people and things lately. I want to become more open and loving this year. I want to be genuine. I am going to cut some vinyl to hang in my house and my office that says "Become More" to remind me in all that I do to do better!

So there you have it. 
I sure hope I stick to these goals!

1 comment:

  1. Great Resolutions Ash! I love that saying "become more" thanks for sharing that! I would love to come see your cute house sometime! Also, Dal and I are way big couponer's, we have been doing it since July and have saved lots of money, so if you need any help let me know! good luck, it's totally worth it! love and miss ya!

    ReplyDelete