Monday, January 2, 2012

New Years

Well our New Years Eve was spent together at home
being boring.... and it was awesome!
We had so many people call us and invite us to do things all weekend and we turned every one of them down for some good quality husband and wife time! 



Remember how much he loves pictures!? Lol, he is very happy that I got a new camera for Christmas. He totally missed posing every five seconds so I could snap his pic. Anyway, we started our weekend on Friday afternoon. I made a Walmart run that morning to get us totally prepared for a full on veg weekend. Veg days are something we have done since we started dating. Basically, we buy a bunch of good food, movies, drinks, and plan on totally sitting on the couch and being lazy and watching movies all day! Sounds pretty disgusting right? Haha, we love a good veg day once in a while. So we were planning on vegging all weekend. Kenz got home from work at 3, changed into his sweats and we got the party started. We have been dying to do a Greys Anatomy marathon since we first got Netflix, but hello, who has 143 hours to watch all those episodes!? We decided that we were going to spend the weekend getting as far into the series as we could. So we started with Season 1 Episode 1 and by last night we were halfway through Season 3. Oh how we love us some Greys Anatomy. 


I decided that I wasn't going to be totally worthless and that I would start a project I have been wanting to do. It doesn't get any better than this! My new Cricut and some Greys. So I got a few pages done in my pregnancy journal / scrapbook! I wanted to make a book that could be a scrapbook to keep track of my progression and show pictures of our journey to parenthood, but to also be a reference book when I have questions. So it will also have pages I have printed off the internet about pregnancy symptoms and remedies, nutrition guides, you get the picture! I also found the cutest little weekly questionnaire that I am going to do every week and stick in there. I think it will be really fun to look back on this book in the future and see what each and every week was like for me.


Our Friday night was interrupted by the strangest phone call. Jordy called and said he was filling out a police report! So we were like totally sure that we were going to be bailing him out of jail! Haha, well come to find out, someone totally stole his car!! That really happens?!? He always parks it in Santaquin and carpools the rest of the way up to work. Well Friday night when he got back to his car, it was gone. All that was left was a pile of glass. They recovered the car the next day in Nevada!


Check out this video about the double homicide that happened in our little neck of the woods! Well, me and Kenz are just sure that the car in Santaquin they are talking about is Jordan's. I mean, how many cars could have got stolen in Santaquin that very day? Isn't that the craziest thing ever! So on Friday night we drove up Santaquin to bring Jord home. Other than that, the only other time we left the house all weekend was to go to dinner on Saturday night! 

Last night, Kenz had to go to work at 11. We had been watching the news just before he left and with all the talk about murder happening right here in our town, I was a little freaked about being home alone at night. So of course my husband just couldn't resist the opportunity to scare me. I went downstairs after he left for work and turned off the tv and lights. Well when I came back up my phone was ringing, so I went to go get it and he was hiding behind the doorway into our living room. Scared the living hell out of me! I threw my phone at him and ran and locked myself in our room! Haha, it was so not cool. 


There were so many places we could have been this weekend, but I was so perfectly content to spend it at our house with my sweet hubby. We needed some down time, and it was just nice to have uninterrupted quality time together. Now it is the new year and I have lots of goals I am going to try and accomplish. (I'm sure there is a post to come about all of those.) I am excited because I just know that 2012 will be a year we will never ever forget!

Happy New Year guys....
Here's to a great year to come!

1 comment:

  1. What a cute idea! You are so creative! We should totally get together for a craft/scrapbook night sometime!

    ReplyDelete