Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Little Baby Brown

I am so very excited to be doing a post about our little one on the way! 

It's kind of a funny story the way it all worked out, but we are absolutely ecstatic. If you read my blog last month, you know we were getting pretty frustrated with trying to conceive and not having luck. After several doctor visits, Dr. Bailey gave us a prescription for Clomid, which is a fertility pill. So that very day we went to Wal Mart and got the prescription filled. $100.00 BUCKS after insurance! Lol, on top of all the doctor bills, we were learning fast that those babies don't come cheap. But we were excited because it was actually going to happen soon. So we played the waiting game. You are suppose to start taking the pills on the 5th day of your cycle. We waited for weeks for when my period was suppose to come until the day finally came. Nothing. Then a few more days went by with nothing. Then a few more. I didn't want to get all excited because I hate the feeling of thinking you are pregnant then finding out you're not. Well finally we decided we had better go get a pregnancy test. We felt stupid buying it, and we made sure not to go through anyone's line we knew! We went home and I peed on the stick. We immediately regretted buying the kind that have a + or a - because the horizontal line was super clear and the vertical line was there, but kind of foggy. I guzzled down like 2 bottles of water so I would have to pee again, and we got the same result. So we were almost sure it was positive, but in this situation, you want to know for sure! So we made a Walmart run and got the kind that say PREGNANT or NOT PREGNANT. Well first try, I was obviously anxious as heck to see what it says and Mackenzie was being a little punk. I went in the bathroom to see it and he started waving it around so I couldn't get it! Ha, you girls probably know that you are not suppose to let the pee side face up. Well we didn't know that, and looking back, we think that is probably why the result was NOT PREGNANT. So there we were, feeling emotionally worn out! We thought we were, now this says we're not. What the heck! I was ready to give it one more go, but Mackenzie said we should probably give it a rest until the next day. So we tried to put any baby thoughts away and enjoy our Saturday night. Well Sunday morning I woke up and had a full nights bladder ready for action. We had two more tests and they were both positive. So we were 4 out of 5 and realized this was for real. 

I have imagined the day when we would look at the test and see PREGNANT and what our reactions would be. But let me tell you, nothing can prepare you for that moment. We were in shock and instead of jumping around being silly, it just got really real for us. We just kept saying, "Is this for real?" You kind of get this feeling of being really overwhelmed and a part of you wants to go straight to the computer and start looking at cribs and clothes and diaper bags, but then a part of you is thinking,
 "What the heck am I going to do!"
Haha, after the initial shock wore off, we got really really excited!

Since we found out, it has been extremely hard for me not to tell anyone. I cannot keep a secret for anything, and I just wanted to tell people about it. We were planning on trying to wait to announce it for like another month, but on Christmas Eve as we laid in bed talking, we decided that we never have ALL of our family all together, and we just could not resist telling everyone on Christmas. 

So on Christmas morning, I busted out these cards. We put them in a box with a bunch of confetti and wrapped them up with a pretty bow. We gave them to our parents as we made the rounds throughout the day. It was so much fun to watch them dig out the card, open it and realize what it said. The reactions were priceless. It was the best Christmas present we could have given them!








So we are currently 7 weeks along.
I haven't been to the doctor yet,
but we should be due around July or August. 
I haven't been sick at all yet,
but I have had really bad headaches EVERYDAY,
heartburn after almost every meal,
and I pee like a million times more than I used to.
They say that is due to the increase of blood
coming from the babe.
The other thing I have noticed is that I am
SO TIRED.
All the time.
I am just exhausted.
I go to bed early, wake up late,
doesn't matter.
I still want to take naps every afternoon!
Our baby is currently the size of a blueberry and
it's heart is already beating away!
We already love our little one so much,
and cannot wait for all the milestones along the path to becoming parents!

Baby Brown is on it's way!

3 comments:

  1. Woohoo! When you said you ended up working today, I got on to see if you blogged about it, and.. YOU DID! Yay:) Love you. So happy for all of us:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! Ashli I'm SOOO happy for you two! That is the greatest Christmas present! You two are going to make such amazing parents! Can't wait to see what the little tyke will look like! Adorable for sure! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am soooo excited for you guys! Being a parent is the best thing in the world. Seriously, nothing compares!! Can't wait to follow you guys through your little pregnancy journey and everything! CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete