Wednesday, December 12, 2012

To Riken

To My Sweet Baby Riken,

This is the first letter I will ever write you. I have spent the morning bouncing on an exercise ball and trying to convince you to make your appearance in the world. Five days ago, Dr. Bailey told me I would be meeting you any day. So of course your dad and I have done everything we could to speed up the process. We spent all weekend shopping and walking around, thinking that would surely make it happen. No such luck. I have tried weird teas, tried bouncing on this ball for hours, and pretty much anything else they tell you will work. But you are still safe and snug in my belly. And I guess I just need to wait for you to be ready. I can't even tell you how excited I am to see your sweet face and hear you cry for the first time. I feel like I already know you so well, but I know it will only get better and better as time goes on. You have already changed me so much, and I am so thankful. We are so excited to have you as part of our family, and I already can't imagine what life would be like without you. My wish for you is that you will come into this world healthy and happy and SOON! And that we can give you everything you will ever want and need. We already love you so much.

Love,
Your Anxious, Excited Mom



3 comments:

  1. I wish doctors wouldn't say that to pregnant women! My doc told me that for 4 weeks and I was still induced haha it's so hard to get false hope. I hope for you he comes soon because the waiting game is the worst! Can't wait to see him :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry he's being stubborn, waiting was so hard for me. The best advice i got was to figure out what day would be 42 weeks and change that day in my head to the due date. Then if it happens sooner it's a pleasant surprise, but you'll for sure have your baby by that day. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Ashli. You're an amazing Mom and I'm so proud of you:)

    ReplyDelete