Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Riken's First Week Home

Riken's first week at home was so great. Once we finally got to have him home for good, we were in heaven. The only bad thing about the week is that Kenzie traded so many shifts to be with us during the whole hospital stay that he had to work 4 shifts in a row once we got home :( It was so hard to have him go back. The first morning he had to leave us sucked. He looked like he was going to start crying and he just kept saying, "I don't want to leave." :( We have kept REALLY busy since we got home, and I think it has helped me recover quicker and feel better. I haven't really sat home much. We have been out and about visiting family and getting ready for Christmas. Riken is doing so great, and I am feeling awesome! I am just SO happy to not be pregnant anymore. I seriously feel almost back to normal already, and I am so thankful. Pregnancy was hard on me and I feel so free and so much more in control of my body and my emotions again. It is amazing! Riken has been such a good baby. He eats well, sleeps for several hours at a time, and is happy when he is awake. I miss him while he is asleep! I am so thankful for all our friends and family who made the transition easier. We had lots of meals brought over and lots of sweet visitors. Once again, my parents were such a huge support to us and my brothers have been staying with me and helping me get used to having a baby. They cook, clean, take care of the dogs, and help me with the baby. I could NOT have done this without their help. I have a wonderful family, an amazing husband, and an adorable baby. How did I get so lucky?! Here are some pictures of Riken since we've been home. 















2 comments:

  1. Oh Ash, he is the cutest thing ever!! Congrats, I can't wait to meet him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! He is a doll!

    ReplyDelete