Monday, February 27, 2012

UFC + Puppies + Family + Good Food = Perfect Weekend!

What a fun weekend we had! We got to spend time with everyone in our family at some point throughout the weekend and we also got plenty of husband and wife time. Friday night we went over to Ephraim to see the newest member of our family... 


Isn't he the cutest! I think I mentioned that Dane's dog had puppies last week. Well we have always wanted a purebred chocolate lab so we decided to go see them and decide if we were going to take one. Needless to say we didn't even have to think about it. They have to stay with their mom for another four or five weeks but next month Hemi will have a playmate! We are trying to decide what to name him, but as of right now we are thinking Tank. After visiting the puppy, we came home and had dinner and watched movies until we fell asleep.


Saturday we waited all day to be able to finally watch the fights. We ordered them like Thursday on paper view. We were planning to just watch them alone but at the last minute we ended up having a few people come over. Mike and Amy wanted to watch them and my dad decided to come over for a bit too. We were just getting ready to eat when Fred and Jen showed up! What a nice surprise! I had a roast in the crock pot all day and we used it to make french dip sandwiches. They were delicious! We also made sticky fingers, a few different dips, and cookies. We watched all the pre-lim fights, but when it got to the main fights it stopped recording! We couldn't get it to work, so we ended up playing "soda pong" with Mike, Amy, Fred, Jen and the kids. It was so much fun! 


On Sunday morning, I decided to go to church with my mom in Ephraim. It was a great way to spend my Sunday morning. Ken let us use his extra cable box to watch the fights so Sunday afternoon we finally got to see them and boy were they worth the wait! Everyone I wanted to win won except for two fights! We love UFC and we are hoping to be able to go watch UFC 146 in Vegas in May. Who's coming with????


I made this chicken enchilada soup last week and Kenzie fell in love! So I had to make it again last night for dinner. I have been trying to make new things and I love when I find something that he loves! 

So that pretty much sums up our weekend. It was nice to stay home for once and relax. Now on to another busy work week!

1 comment: