Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Finally an Update!


Okay so my cute friend Ashlee said I need to update my blog so I will!
I haven't really had anything exciting happen lately.. it's been pretty quiet around the Brown home. 
So I will just share a few random things that have happened lately!

First of all, I have been cooking/baking A LOT! I have really been getting into cooking new things lately and I have been trying all new recipes! Kenzie is enjoying the food, but I don't think he likes how time consuming it can be. Here are pictures of a few of the things I've made lately...

S'mores Chocolate Chip Cookies

My Favorite.. Royal Icing! Aren't these the cutest?


BBQ Turkey: Thanks to my dear friend Franki I have finally learned how to make our own BBQ Turkey Sandwiches. The Co-op might literally go out of business because we ate there at least twice a week! 



 
* We have been totally obsessed with Prison Break 
It is a TV Series on Netflix and it is seriously so addicting. We are like halfway through all the episodes. Highly recommended!! 


 
*This picture pretty much sums up how I feel about the IRS. We took in our taxes hoping to get a nice big refund and go to Vegas in May for UFC 146. Yeah that's not gonna happen. We found out we OWE $1500.00! Apparently we weren't having enough taken out of our checks for how much we make. Which really irritates me because we were having like $500+ taken out of our checks every month PLUS the fact that we pay sales tax on EVERYTHING we buy and STILL we have to pay them that much. I'm not a happy camper. 


*We are making slow progress on our house. I don't know if I mentioned before that we redid the counter tops and now we have torn out the carpet in the kitchen and put in some tile. It looks MUCH better. I love our house.. and it is getting better and better. 


*I have been begging Kenzie to let me get two baby chicks at IFA. He says NO, but I'm hoping by the end of  the week I can talk him into it. They are SO stinkin cute and when they grow up they can give us free eggs, which is one thing we go through fast! 

*Tomorrow is midget wrestling in Nephi. Random right? But you know we got tickets!


 
*And next Thursday night we finally get to see the Hunger Games! I am so excited for this movie!

*Kenzie is doing great.. Just working A LOT still. It is nice on pay day but hard during the weeks. He is excited for softball season to start and mostly for camping season! We cannot WAIT to get up on our property and camp. The only sad thing in Kenzie's life is that he misses his best friend. Jord had his baby and we don't hear from him much now. We are really glad that he chose to be there for his little girl. But really sad that we never see him anymore. I think we always pictured that when marriage and kids came along we would do it all alongside Jordan.. so it is sad for Kenzie that we don't get to be involved in that part of his life or see his baby girl. Such is life, right? Other than that, there isn't much new going on with Kenz!


SO like I said.. nothing really exciting has happened. Just the same old.. But if something exciting does happen, I will be sure to let you know! ;)



3 comments:

  1. We have to pay too Ash! Just under $2000 bucks. I get unbelievably angry when I think about it because there are people bragging on facebook that they can't wait to take a trip with their tax return and the kicker is that THEY DON"T EVEN HAVE JOBS! What the? How can someone with no income get a tax return? I can totally relate and feel your frustration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update:) wish we was going to midget wrestling! Have fun and stop by after or before if you can...:) love ya ash

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey we're going to the Hunger Games too!!! It is going to be FABULOUS!! Maybe we'll see you there! I haven't ever heard of the midget wrestling! Haha! You'll have to blog about it! Fixing up your home is fun! I can relate to that with us slowly fixing up our ancient home! Lol! Can't wait to see pics when it's all done! :)

    ReplyDelete