Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Well Christmas has come and gone, and it was one of the best Christmases ever! I have to admit I thought it was going to be weird with all our dysfunctional families! Haha, but everyone proved me wrong. We had so much fun going from house to house and everyone just seemed so happy. We went over to Waylon and Katie's for the Beck/Nunley Christmas Eve party. It was lots of fun and the food was delish! After that we had Christmas Eve at Mom's house and did the traditional Christmas Eve things. We started a new tradition, where we got to tell stories about good things each other had done throughout the year and everytime a story was told about you, you got to open a present. It was so nice to be reminded of why we love each other so much! Mom and Ken spoiled us, and I got a new camera! Along with TONS of other cute stuff. It makes me feel guilty when my parents go all out on Christmas!

After the Christmas Eve shin dig, the boys and I felt like it wouldn't be Christmas Eve without watching the Grinch. So they came over to our house and we popped in the movie. Lol, we got about 20 minutes into it when we decided there was no way we were going to stay awake. So they headed home. 

We were happy to get to bed, and we slept in until 8:00! I took a picture of my phone cuz I don't think I have ever slept that late on Christmas! We opened presents from each other and gave Hemi girl all her new toys! Kenz got me some cute clothes, a new make up case, a new robe, shoes, coat, lots of cute stuff! I got him some new clothes, and I got our internet hooked up and got him X Box Live! He is pretty stoked about that.

After that we got ready and headed over to Mike and Amy's for a yummy Christmas breakfast. We opened presents with them before the whole crew arrived. We were excited to give Mike and Amy their very special present (see next post) and once that was done, we headed over to Nephi to see my dad. 

Dad and Tracy spoiled us as well. We had stockings full of cool stuff (including a $30 gift card to Macaroni Grill). My dad got me the black Cricut Expression! And he got Kenz a really  nice pop up shade tent. Dad LOVED his present from us and started crying! We ate more good food then had to leave again. The only bad thing about Christmas was that we couldn't really stay in one place too long because we had so many people to visit. 

We went over to Ephraim to see mom and Ken one more time and to give them one last present. They, too, were over the top excited and I was glad we made the trip over to see them.

Finally we made it home. We got home and were completely WIPED OUT. We watched some Harry Potter because I am making a tradition for me and my little family to have a Harry Potter marathon every year during the few days of Christmas. We started them during the day on Christmas Eve and finished the day after Christmas at about midnight! The worst part of Christmas came at 11:00 when Kenzie had to go to work :( I was so sad to see him leave. But I am very thankful that I had him all weekend because for the past couple years he has had to work either on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. 

I had a major picture overload, going crazy with my new camera! So I tried to limit the madness by making a few collages.



Yep, Looks like Santa found us! 


All in all, it was an absolutely wonderful Christmas. We could not have asked for better, and we are SO SO thankful for our families for all they did to make this Christmas special. We love you guys!

PS.
In case you haven't put it together yet,
this will be our last Christmas with just us!
Baby Brown is on the way!!!!!!!!!!
Read on!

1 comment: