Wednesday, March 16, 2011

"Too Many Calories."

I just feel like I need to apologize to all you girls
because I took the greatest guy on this earth!
Oh my goodness,
sometimes I forget how great this guy is.
***
I remember when I was going to Snow,
he would work all day,
then come pick me up from drill team practice.
There were nights he would sit in his car for an hour
waiting for me to get done so he could see me.
I will never forget the day he drove to
Ephraim from Arizona
just to dance with me at my showcase for Badgerettes.
***
I have been working so hard at the gym lately,
and everytime he wants to eat something I tell him I can't..
"Too many calories."
So the other day we went and got pizza for the boys
and I swear the smell was taking over my car.
It smelled delicious.
So I asked him to grab me a piece,
and he thought it would be funny to tease me and say
(in the same annoying tone I use all the time)
"Too many calories."
Needless to say, I freaked out.
Told him how big of a jerk he was, etc.
I gave him the silent treatment the whole way back,
and made sure he knew that he made me feel bad.
So he goes back home,
and not even five minutes later
I have THE NICEST voicemail
telling me how he did NOT mean it like that,
and I was so pretty.
And he was so wrong and so sorry.
*
When I heard that it hit me so hard
that I am seriously so lucky.
I don't know a lot of guys who are always
so willing to admit when they are wrong and apologize.
And he does it all the time.
Even when it's not even his fault!
He is always telling me how pretty I am,
and how I don't need to lose any weight.
But I am so insecure,
and I just know he's just being a good husband
and telling me what I want to hear.
I just feel so lucky to have someone begging me to
believe them that they love me and the way I look.
***
Living with my in laws has been rough for me.
They have been super nice to me.. But
I love having our independence,
and I miss having my own little home to decorate.
I miss our couch, and all my kitchen stuff.
He has been begging me to just stick it out so we can
save money for a while.
But the other day we found two more snakes in the house.
And I just totally snapped.
I couldn't sleep.
I have been terrified.
So he calls me the other night and tells me
he got us an apartment in Ephraim.
**
I have never loved anybody as much as I love my husband.
He just cares so much about my needs.
He is truly an awesome guy, and I know there's
nobody out there like him.



1 comment:

  1. so does this mean that you are moving to ephraim?!?! :) :) ASH!! i love you and miss you so much! and it was fun to read this post, because i remember how he drove so far to dance with you at badgerette review and how he would wait for you at practice, such a sweet boy! Miss ya ash!

    ReplyDelete