Friday, August 16, 2013

Life in the Sunshine

Remember me?! I think we are finally settled in enough for me to catch this stinkin blog up. I have been putting this off because I got so far behind, but Mackenzie has promised me he won't let me get this far behind ever again so hopefully we will be good from now on. 

We are LOVING life in Saint George. One weekend in April we came down here with Franki and Urs to watch Ty Jo dance, and we had an overwhelming feeling to move down. Randomest thing of my life. But we got home and started applying for jobs and we figured that if we didn't get jobs that would be our answer. Within two weeks I was hired at Diamond Ranch Academy; So I picked up and came down here. Left my boys home for a few weeks to tie up the loose ends in Sanpete and started making a life for us down here. Kenzie came down before Riken did. We left him with my mom for a couple of weeks until we were settled in an apartment and at our jobs. 

Getting a place was a joke! We moved into an apartment in the middle of Saint George that ended up being party central for students at Dixie State. There were people there at all hours of night doing all sorts of crazy, loud, illegal things! Needless to say, we didn't stay there long. We were in such a rush to get Riken out of there that we started staying with Jarom and Swazie in Beaver Dam, which is like 45 minutes from work. That is NOT a fun drive to do at 11pm, which is when I get off work. We stayed there for about a month before we found our little piece of heaven here in Southern Utah. One day I was looking for places to rent online and I saw a great little house/duplex thing. I called the owner and we had a lot in common with him so he instantly liked us! We met up with him and looked at the place and within a couple weeks we were moved in.  Check out the view from the back porch!


It's not a huge house and not what we want to be in forever, but we are really happy and content being here together, just the three of us wingin it! 


This is the incredible place in which we both work. It is a therapeutic boarding school that is home to about 200 troubled teens, both  boys and girls. DRA is a 1A school and competes in most sports. It is a beautiful facility and a great place to work. I have so many experiences I want to share about the girls I work with, but I will save them for another post. Long story short, we are VERY happy at Diamond Ranch.

Financially it hasn't been easy relocating. We thought we had it all figured out, but it wasn't a walk in the park to just pick up and start a new life. However, we have been blessed in other aspects of our life and now that we're settled in, I know the money will come and things will work out. The main reasons I think we felt so strongly to move down here are the amazing kids we work with and how much we are learning from being there and the way our relationship is getting stronger and stronger everyday. Not that things weren't good with us before, but Mackenzie worked A LOT in Sanpete and there is something about only having eah other to rely on that brings you closer together. Kenzie spends SO much more time with Riken and he just seems happier and healthier as a person. I am so in love with my little family. I look so forward to coming home and being with my two boys and just having each other. Of course I miss my family and our close friends we left behind, but we get up there as often as we can and we are truly happy here. A few weeks ago Mackenzie got a fortune cookie that said we will make many changes before we settle happily so if that's any indication we might not be here forever, but as of now St. George feels pretty promising to us! 

PS: We really did just pick up and leave and in the process our phone numbers changed so if you were someone who tried to get in touch with us this summer, I'm sorry!! Our number now is 435-262-1434. Please call or text. We would love to hear from our friends who we haven't been in touch with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment