Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Ramblings of an Emotional, Pregnant Person :)

Every four months at work we have these great big parent seminars. Parents come from all over the world (literally) to spend a few days with us and gain support from each other. Somehow this has become my show. I got thrown into planning it one time and since then it has kind of become my baby. I usually stress out the week before the seminar then when the parents get here, I am one happy girl. That was definitely the case this time. Last night I was a little flustered. I had all these parents showing up this morning, I had two assignments due in school, I was stressing about some bills, and I felt like my stomach was going to explode! Maybe I'm crazy, but when you guys were pregnant, were there times that you could just tell that your baby was stressed out too? Last night I could totally tell that Riken was taking on every bit of my stress, and I knew I needed to stop and breathe for a minute. After running around like a crazy person all day, I got in the tub and just sat on the couch and felt my baby moving around for a while. I decided that my assignments could be a day late for once and that everything else today would fall into place and I just called it a night. I spent quite some time just laying in bed, reflecting on a lot of things, and I woke up feeling pretty good. I was so happy to see some of the most wonderful people in the world today and, like it always does, it really put things into perspective for me. During the presentation my boss did today, he played the song Never Grow Up by Taylor Swift. If you haven't heard it, here is a link to listen to it. Tear jerker! As I sat surrounded by parents who aren't getting to watch their kids grow up, I was just overwhelmed with emotion. I was sitting next to the sweetest couple from Papua New Guinea, and as I watched her looking at a picture of her son and crying, I could just feel the love she had for her son. I haven't even held my baby yet, but I feel such a strong bond with him. Becoming a parent is such an emotional experience. I am beginning to understand the unconditional love you feel for your children. I am just one short month away from being full term, and all I can think about is meeting this person who is taking up so much of my heart already! Today I am just really thankful for so many things in my life. I'm lucky to have a job where I get to be inspired by these amazing parents. I learn so much from them about patience, love, and sacrifice. I am so glad that when the baby comes, I still get to be here and have the best of both worlds. I also better mention the two great guys I just left home doing the dishes. They clean my house, they let my dogs out to play when I can't get home in time, they make me dinner, and they put up with my extreme mood swings! I could not do all the things I am doing without the help and support of my hubby and my little brother, Zack. Life is so great, and I could not ask for more. And one more thing that made my day... One of the parents came up to me today and told me that when she asked her son who his favorite staff is, he said me! :) I love these kids! Okay, I'm done. Sorry for the emotional rant. I don't know what I will do when I can't blame it on pregnancy anymore ;)

1 comment:

  1. Pregnancy is a crazy whirlwind of emotions! I remember being overwhelmed quite a bit. And, I totally agree! Babies definitely feel your stress and feed off of it! Always make sure you take time to relax! I would apologize to Ken all the time when I was pregnant because I felt like I was making her uncomfortable in there. She is almost 4 months old now and still feels my stress! I bet you will be so excited to have him here and you will be a great mom! :) (ps- incase you are wondering who this crazy person is leaving this comment.. I am Liz and we are cousins! Lol. Jennie Martinez is my siser. If you didn't know! :))

    ReplyDelete