Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 13- A Letter to Someone

Dear God,
It's been a while, I know. I'm really sorry for that. I want You to know that I am trying to be the best I can be. I am working on being a good person and doing things for the right reasons. As You know, things have been rough lately. I've been trying to figure out why so many people I love have had bad things happening, but I still don't know the answer. People say it's because this life is a test or even that we knew these trials would happen to us before we even came to earth. Maybe that's true. But I know that You are a compassionate God. And I know how it feels to be compassionate. So what I don't understand is how You can watch all this bad stuff happening to your righteous children on the earth when it would be so easy for You to make it all better. Why does it have to be this way? I can understand bad people receiving consequences, but why do bad things happen to good people?
I am sure there are millions of people asking You this question everyday. Maybe I already know the answer. But it doesn't make the hard things in life any easier. I probably sound like a big whiner. I don't usually question this much. But I don't want to run out of faith. When am I going to see the light in my family members' eyes again?

No comments:

Post a Comment